Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter Improved



I did not have to go to church. My date flew solo to a local church to "fellowship" while I stayed in bed to do the crossword puzzle.



After that we drove to his sister's house for the brunch. The Easter rabbit that eats children was not in attendance, sadly. There were many small children there and way too much high pitched shrieking for my ears.




On the bright side, there was no geriatric basket hunting and the hash brown casserole was devoured. One brother in law declared it "excellent" and had thirds.




Next we drove to the nursing home. We said, "Merry Christmas!" and "Happy New Year!" as we handed out candy to anyone who wandered near us.



Then we went to the hospital to visit my date's dad. That was fun and uplifting.



It is now 4 PM, time for a nap followed by some Chinese food for dinner. Then it's back on the hamster wheel all over again in the morning.