Saturday, April 7, 2012

For a Special Friend




There is always at least one person in your life that no matter how long you go without seeing him or her you know you will always feel like only a day or so has passed because of the bond you have (or you imagine you have) with this person.



And no matter how old you get, you still have someone who remembers part of your life and what you used to be like.




I have a person like this in my life. Holidays always make me think fond thoughts of her because I used to go to the local Kroger and find the baked goods with the most garish hideous colors to bring to her. (This was a very long time ago, that is probably why it is easy to remember now.)



I could always count on violently colored icing on cupcakes but one year I hit the jackpot and found bright red and green yeast rolls at Christmas. I do mean bright, too. I bought them and took them to her house. She snickered and said she would take them to her in-laws for Christmas dinner.



We have known each other while being single, getting married (both of us), having a child (her), changing careers (me) and have always stayed in touch even if it was just a little. I hope we will be friends forever. She is a gem.