Sunday, June 27, 2010

Too Good To Be True


I like to browse postings on Craigslist. There are some really funny things like Rants and Raves, Missed Connections and the dating section.




You have to be careful about the dating section, of course.




There is also a lost and found section that I like to check to see if there have been any happy reunions of lost pets with their owners.




And then there is my favorite section, "Pets". We have two extra cats courtesy of this section. They were meant for other people but ended up being ours. (My date does not believe me but this is really true.)




I have also gotten reptile cages and frogs from this section.





Recently there was a listing for two flying squirrels. Almost immediately there was a post saying it is illegal to have flying squirrels without a permit, which is true.




Since I love flying squirrels and have had several as pets I e-mailed the person right away. Good thing, too since the post was deleted quickly.




Long story short, I was told these were a male and female pair of hand raised flying squirrels found when a tree was cut down and the mother was nowhere to be found. Of course they were tame. The people just didn't have time for them any more since they have six dogs and want to go camping more often.




So I made arrangements and met the lady in the parking lot of a bowling alley and got my new babies.




Naturally, they were not tame.




Nor were they male and female. They are male and male.




But we love them anyway. (We better, a $200 huge bird cage is on order for them.)




Just to be safe, I have now deleted Craigslist from my browsing favorites.



Stay tuned for more to come.